Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Bowling is a Fun leisure Activity


Yesterday Nick called me and was wondering if we wanted to do something with his girlfriend and him. We were thrilled to get out of the house and have a little fun. We all decided to go the Cornelius Pass Roadhouse. The food was awesome and I never have complaints about the beer at a McMenamins.

After some nice Terminator Stout we decided to head off to Sunset Lanes. Last week at a safety fair they were handing out cards worth 1 free bowl at Sunset Lanes. I managed to grab about 20 of them. Free bowling here we come. In actuality the bowling wasn't free. We had to pay almost 3 dollars for shoes ** LAME **. Anyways, I started off bowling rather well. Nick however ended up bowling much better then the rest of us. He has bowling skillz.

Nick and I had so much fun that we decided to go back to Sunset Lanes (with our bowling shoes) for another 3 games. It was quarter mania so it would only cost us 7 bucks each. We got some beers and started bowling. When we finished, I noticed that we still had 1.5 pre-paid games each left. The old fart at the front desk had charged us for 4.5 games each instead of just 3. So we made him give us one more game for a quarter so we could play 5 good games. I bowled great this time. I won 3 out of 5 games bowling a high of almost 170 and even getting a Turkey (3 strikes in a row). Nick however, with his bowling skillz still managed to win the overall pin total.

What a great after work week this has started out to be. If work just was not such a boar this week would be great. I really wish I had decided to only work Monday and Tuesday like Cindy did.

Anyways, I need to sleep. Work starts at 7 am in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home